Quail chick died after hatching

shella

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2010
BATH
I did not know where to put this so i put it here if in wrong place please move to appropriate place

well just went to my hatcher and i have baby quail but one was dead
hmm.png
it looked like it had just been born and died
my gut feeling is my humidity is too high.?
everything i have researched said that they would pip then die in shell if that was to happen is this true i am very confused.
hu.gif

themp -37.5
hum -50 in last 2 days but went to 60 when first pip
king suro incubator
disinfected before use

i need help in finding the cause and trying to save the other eggs plus i have chickens hatching Thursday in same incy
if you need more info please let me know
your help is greatly needed

Hi Shella!

Everything seems good, maybe the baby had something wrong internally and it couldn't live outside the egg. How's the other baby?

Are you seeing alot of pipping and zipping yet?

Sharon

oh boy am i
lol.png
these little bumblebees are fast but it was a very bad hatch out of 24 only 10 made it.
always a bit rubbish at incubating but am learning i think next hatch i will try the dry way that seems to work a bit better
have to wait for the chickens due tomorrow thanks for your reply

I was amazed when I say my Bobwhite quails hatch. When they zipped, they made this perfect little flip-top escape hatch.....It was very precise how they each pipped and zipped in exactly the same manner and then came out of the egg.

Glad to hear you got more quail chicks......

Take care,
Sharon

I was amazed when I say my Bobwhite quails hatch. When they zipped, they made this perfect little flip-top escape hatch.....It was very precise how they each pipped and zipped in exactly the same manner and then came out of the egg.

Glad to hear you got more quail chicks......

Take care,
Sharon

my little coturnix are the same way.. and when they start hatching they are like popcorn!

good luck with your next batch Shella! I swear hatching out quail is more addictive than hatching out chickens
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom