quail chicks and quail eggs for reptile food.....need help soon!

Quote:
i could easily pop their heads off, but i don't know how the public would take it, or if the would be client would be offended/freaked out by this....did i forget to mention this convention is in one of those huge rooms that hotels rent out.

If youre not confident that people are going to want them pre-packed, then I don't think it's worth the effort.People pay next to nothing for chicks as food, and at a convention, they'd be expecting to save even more money, so overall I think they'll work out better for you as a future meal.Just seems a shame to waste all that good meat on a snake
smile.png

The other thing I forgot to mention is that a lot of keepers avoid chicks altogether because they're like junkfood for snakes.It can be VERY difficult to get a snake to eat rats again after they've tasted chick.Apparently they taste better.Lol. I had this very problem with my royal python.It took me close to 6 months to get her eating rats again after giving her one chick.

Last edited:
Make up some cards and bring live birds , eggs and a few vaccum packed. Use this as a way to get future business. I'm actually very glad you posted this as maybe this is another way I can keep hatching and possibly provide the reptile shop with some feeders or eggs.

Good luck

What you want, I think, is for people to see what you have. Then they will contact you with what sizes they want, when they want them. As long as you always have a mix of size around, no problem.

Years ago I worked in a pet shop. I raised mice; people came in for baby mice of assorted sizes - some wanted pinkies (newborn), some wanted them just furred out, and so on. They would call or come in with a request; I would bring in the right number & size the next day and they would come pick them up. It must have been excellent for the snake owners, and it worked well for me too.

Quote:
I'm one step ahead of ya.....

39893_bussiness_card.jpg

Feel free to comment to me privately, i don't want to clog up the board with...that's awful/awesome kinda comments.

just so everyone knows, the 4Q (F/U) is directed toward those who would crush micro farms (aka the little guy) if given the chance, not at my potential customers....

but that's getting political and this is not the place for that either....

Back
Top Bottom