Quail Class

Pics
My quail are happy now! The old ones have retired and the young males seem to be enjoying all the females they have. The females aren't afraid to put the young males in their place. My button quail even started laying eggs again!

Do coturnix really stop eating when they are full? My quail eat a lot, we have 19 that are 5 weeks old They’re on Mana Pro game bird show bird starter crumbles which I’ve begun fermenting. I will ferment 2 cups of feed with some 1/4 cup of barley, flax seed or oatmeal. They get 3-4 cups of feed a day (fermented in the am, non in the PM). They get live mealworms and fresh greens from the indoor garden, generally one or the other every other day. Still, they ALWAYS seem hungry! Should I be feeding them more? Any thoughts?

Do coturnix really stop eating when they are full? My quail eat a lot, we have 19 that are 5 weeks old They’re on Mana Pro game bird show bird starter crumbles which I’ve begun fermenting. I will ferment 2 cups of feed with some 1/4 cup of barley, flax seed or oatmeal. They get 3-4 cups of feed a day (fermented in the am, non in the PM). They get live mealworms and fresh greens from the indoor garden, generally one or the other every other day. Still, they ALWAYS seem hungry! Should I be feeding them more? Any thoughts?
I used to ferment, but I also kept regular pellets available all the time as well. 4 cups of fermented feed per day for 19 might not be enough, at 5 weeks they’re still growing like crazy, and need tons of food.

Back
Top Bottom