Quail Dad

New quail dad

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2021
Hello , I am new here and signed to have more insight into my quail. I recently saw baby quail at a pet store being sold as feeders to reptiles and there was one left so purchased him and brought him home. I have been through the crowing stage with him but a mirror fixed that and I don’t know if this ordinary or not but my little guy seems like he loves to play with me. I take him from him pen in the house and put him in a larger one out side each day and he makes all kinds of noises like he is excited and then we play a little game he runs around comes and jumps in my hand if I extend it out for him and then he jumps back out and over and over . To me he is a great little pet and hilarious to play with let’s me hold him we play our game he does not really fly that much , I think because his pen is not huge so he just flutters around Gavin fun and when I am out with him it’s like he understands my hand being out and doing the little game of him running back and forth jumping on me. Is there anyone else that has a similar experience?

Back
Top Bottom