Quail died cant understand why

I dont feel like a necropsy is necessary. These think just happen I guess I just wanted to know if it could affect my other birds.

I dont feel like a necropsy is necessary. These think just happen I guess I just wanted to know if it could affect my other birds.

Well, if it is something that 'just happened' like a heart attack or aneurysm, all your others should be totally fine.

If it's communicable, they could all go down one after the other.

Unfortunately, none of us can tell you which it is. Erring on the side of caution would say to see if someone can look at the bird for you.

I don't do this every time a bird dies, but such a weird end would probably make me consider it.

I hope they continue to do well.
I sent a hen that was lethargic and died after a couple days to our state diagnostic lab.
I hope to know something by the end of the day.
I breed very rare birds so it is imperative that I know what killed them and how to proceed with the flocks. Others may not have the essential need to know what killed a bird.
If one loses many, or several in short order, it is imperative to know what is ailing them in case it is something serious. For example, some maladies require culling an entire population and keeping the housing vacant for a year in order to eradicate the pathogen.
With almost no symptoms, all one can do is guess. Guessing doesn't inform.

Back
Top Bottom