Quail egg breed?

RaisingChicks101

In the Brooder
Dec 29, 2017
We have 3 golden italian coturnix quails and had 1 Japanese quail but sadly, she got taken by a predator last night. My daughter is really sad about it because she hand raised that quail and loved her a lot. We have an incubator and she suggested we hatch the Japanese quail babies. The only thing is.. we don’t want too many more quails but want the babies of our only female Japanese quail. I’m not sure if the eggs are different at all, but, if you have any ideas which eggs could possibly be the Japanese quails eggs, please let us know. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 21
The italian coloring would unfortunately only show up in the feather coloring, not in the color of the egg. Like the earlier poster said, unless you knew what specific pattern of brown spots she laid on her eggs. I will not say it should be exactly the same every time for that one bird, but it should be similar(with a few exceptions). Good luck and the standard brown should be easy enough to come by as far as replacements go....Sorry your daughter is heartbroken about the loss of her quail...

Back
Top Bottom