Quail Egg Recipes

Deviled eggs! I use a pretty basic recipe, and I do it largely by taste and texture rather than measuring out amounts. I use mayonnaise, mustard, a little white vinegar, sometimes a dash of hot sauce, and smoked sweet paprika sprinkled on top, but there are all kinds of recipes online, and you can get as creative as you want.

And they make a great presentation (especially with the quail eggs because they're such a novelty for most people), and most people love them. They always go quickly.

Deviled eggs! I use a pretty basic recipe, and I do it largely by taste and texture rather than measuring out amounts. I use mayonnaise, mustard, a little white vinegar, sometimes a dash of hot sauce, and smoked sweet paprika sprinkled on top, but there are all kinds of recipes online, and you can get as creative as you want.

And they make a great presentation (especially with the quail eggs because they're such a novelty for most people), and most people love them. They always go quickly.

I considered deviled eggs as I really like them but I'm not sure I have the patience to scoop out all those tiny yolks and then re-fill all those tiny eggs.

Well my son has requested we make a cake so I googled "cake recipe that uses a lot of eggs" and discovered that pound cake recipes use 6 to 10 chicken eggs! The 10 egg recipes make a very big cake, though. We will probably try a 6 egg recipe. There are several pound cake recipes on this forum, look under "egg, chicken, and other favorite recipes" and then "recipe index" near the top.

On a side note, is anyone familiar with mug cakes? The idea is, you make a tiny ammount of cake batter in a mug, microwave it for a minute or two, and you have instantly made one serving of cake? I have tried a few,and I find the recipes without egg are not quite right, and the recipes with one chicken egg have too much egg, so I have been meaning to experiment with using one or two quail eggs instead, to get the egg ratio right. Has anyone tried this?

On a side note, is anyone familiar with mug cakes? The idea is, you make a tiny ammount of cake batter in a mug, microwave it for a minute or two, and you have instantly made one serving of cake? I have tried a few,and I find the recipes without egg are not quite right, and the recipes with one chicken egg have too much egg, so I have been meaning to experiment with using one or two quail eggs instead, to get the egg ratio right. Has anyone tried this?

My wife's mom does this with her grandkids (my daughter and her cousins) all the time. The kids think it's really cool, and I often have to eat a bite when I swing by to pick her up. The cake (at least whatever recipe she uses) is not good cake. I suspect you're probably ever going to get a decent cake out of a microwave, but the kids don't seem to notice.

Experiment and let us know. We do buy those mix in a cup and enjoy the different flavors. That is a great idea to do.

Back
Top Bottom