Quail eggs day 18

Crackanegg

Hatching
Aug 8, 2023
Hi so i did the lockdown at day 14 ,so far i have 5 chicks ,but now day 18 nothing,no.pipping , is it ok to candle them ,humidity goes up.and i try to keep it at 75 but sometimes it spike to 80 temp is good .did i lose the other 7 chicks.ty

Hi so i did the lockdown at day 14 ,so far i have 5 chicks ,but now day 18 nothing,no.pipping , is it ok to candle them ,humidity goes up.and i try to keep it at 75 but sometimes it spike to 80 temp is good .did i lose the other 7 chicks.ty
I'd suggest you only have humidity at 45-60 at most during lockdown and 40-50 at incubation. You could candle, but when you have too high humidity the chance of them drowning in the egg is much higher, but too low and they could get stuck. If you candle can you send photos?

Oh wow i was.always told when in lockdown keep humidity at around 70 to 75 , well.i had 12 hatched 5 and i did candle them 1.chick stopped.moving ,the.others looked.loke.never really developed, i did open it up and it was.dead, but i will write it down with the humidity ty for the reply was.my 1st with quail eggs, always do good with chicken eggs.

Back
Top Bottom