Quail eggs day 20

I took a couple screenshots of the egg using the Wyze cam I have spying on the egg lol. I think I can tell a difference in placement of the egg just slightly meaning the baby moved the egg a little bit. The angle the picture was taken from obviously didn’t change because it’s a camera so do you guys see it? Pictures are each about 10-15 mins apart. I’m leaving the baby alone but this is keeping me busy until it arrives lol

Attachments

• E2960CE8-6842-40D6-9B34-34A926243F6C.jpeg
    E2960CE8-6842-40D6-9B34-34A926243F6C.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 28
Yeah it’s ok. But at least I know now quail eggs can be hatched from the market but it isn’t common lol
This can happen even with normal eggs so don't get discouraged from trying with supermarket eggs. It's always a fun experiment and I've seen people get a couple to hatch from them. Sometimes you just have to try again. Sorry this little one didn't make it. :hugs

I know im late but i had a few quesitons. Firstly, did any hatch? And secondly, can I open my incuabtor on day 20 if there are no external pips yet. I wanr to hold the egg to my ear to see if it is breathing

I know im late but i had a few quesitons. Firstly, did any hatch? And secondly, can I open my incuabtor on day 20 if there are no external pips yet. I wanr to hold the egg to my ear to see if it is breathing
if theres no external pips you can open the incubator but before you do, what are you hatching, quails?
If you use the torch on your phone, you could shine it against the egg without moving the egg, and look for an internal pip/movement. You'll likely hear chirping through the incubator, or when you open it without even picking the egg up.
If you do pick it up, dont turn the egg and put it back in the same position.

So I didn’t see movement and decided to intervene. The baby was dead in the shell.
I know this is old, but I'm sorry it didn't work out.... I did the same with eating quail eggs bought online. One made it to lockdown, died in shell. Yolk not fully absorbed, it was very, very sad.

Back
Top Bottom