Quail Eggs

AmberBQuail

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2017
Rhode Island
Hey Everyone.
I am fairly new to BYC. Loving this awesome community.

I hope i am posting this is the correct spot, please let me know if It is better suited elsewhere.

I wanted to share my new batch of Blue Breasted quail eggs (button quail).
Just set them this past Saturday.
Disregard the temp. Took this picture just after setting them. This thermometer is an extra and was horribly inaccurate so i tossed it. Came with the bator. A hova-bator 1602 with fan.

I picked the eggs up from a local breeder.

Thanks and i will share updates and pics!

Good luck with your hatch, i am also in Rhode Island and just hatched 24 out of 30 eggs from my Lavender Orpington flock, i am planning to hatch Jumbo Cotournix Quail eggs next as soon as i can get them. Happy hatching!!

I have to admit I grabbed an 18 pack of quail eggs at a grocery store 3 hours away from home. I've never seen them where I live. I wondered if any would hatch. After a week I candles them. 9 were infertile. After another weekend and a half 6 of them hatched. Cotournix Quail babies I believe. Now I have to build them a habitat. Lol...teaches me to wonder about store eggs!

That's really cool! One of the grocery stores around here sells them. I always assumed since they had been regrigerated for an undetermined about of time they probley wouldn't hatch. I'll have to give it a try someday.

Congrats on your new little fluffy baby. Super excited for you.

The baby buttons started hatching today, 1 day early. They must have pipped hours ago, one started zipping and popped out within 10 minutes. Has anyone had fast hatches like this before?

Only 7 of 35 today. I put them in the brooder as they were pecking the ground and each other. Ate and drank right away. Super cute!

I'm hoping more will hatch overnight. Tomorrow is day 16.

Anyone ever had this happen?

I've heard they can go 3 days past their due date, so if they were due day 16-18, then it can go until the 21st day.

Back
Top Bottom