Quail feeding system?

chickenshet

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 20, 2011
Hi all!
My little coturnix cuties are around 3 weeks now and I am just about finished with their hutch construction. It's turning out great, but before I am finished, I think I want to add a feeding and watering system. What does everyone use for their feeding system/watering system and what have you found works the best? I'd like to design something that has a tube like a chimney that I can pour the food into without opening the cage. The water bottles I am assuming I will just use rabbit feeders or does anyone have any other suggestions?
I will definitely post some pics of the hutch when I am done, I think it's really turning out nice!

I just used the one gallon or three gallon chick waterers - especially the ones that are heated for winter time because they freeze solid where I'm from and it's a pain in the butt to knock out ice blocks all the time. You can use PVC to make feed hoppers, just attach a peice of pipe onto a round plastic chick feeder and fill it up. I usually just use a galvanized hen feeder that's adjustable so not too much food comes out at once, or I use the long plastic chick feeders and just top them up every day.

Back
Top Bottom