Quail gasping for air

Sorry for your loss
sad.png
But the best for Bee.

Belated update: I had to have Bee put to sleep at the end of August. She was losing weight and either gasping for air (causing her to panic) or huddled in a ball by the heat lamp. It was so hard to do, but she's at peace now.

The Dr gave her an anesthetic before the euthanasia, and she slipped into a dreamless forever sleep in an instant and felt no pain.

Sorry for your loss. It's a hard decision to make, but now she's not suffering.

Thanks, guys. Once I got her diagnosis I knew my time with her would be limited, I'm just grateful that I had so many months to spend with her. I wish she could have passed on her own at home but that would have entailed too much suffering on her part by wasting away to nothing and I couldn't bear to put my wee Bee through any of that. I loved her too much and owed it to her, no matter how hard it was for me.

The day that she was put to sleep, I was blessed with the hatching of two of her grandbabies. I now have a sweet silver hen and a snuggly little roo to continue her legacy.

Belated update: I had to have Bee put to sleep at the end of August. She was losing weight and either gasping for air (causing her to panic) or huddled in a ball by the heat lamp. It was so hard to do, but she's at peace now.

The Dr gave her an anesthetic before the euthanasia, and she slipped into a dreamless forever sleep in an instant and felt no pain.

I am very sorry for your loss. Putting down a much-loved bird is never easy.

Take comfort knowing you did all you could and gave her an AWESOME life while she was with you.

You did a wonderful job with her. <3

MrsB

Back
Top Bottom