Quail Hatch Humidity Drop Overnight During Lockdown

Chickenpax

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2023
Day 17 on quail hatch: I went to sleep without adding water (humidity was 75) and it dropped to 29. šŸ˜³ The same eggs are still wiggling this morning, no pips yet.

My stats for this hatch are dry hatch until lockdown, consistent temp of 99.5. Lockdown on day 15, humidity up to 75-80%. Same temp.

Do you think the babies will be affected? I caught the mistake around 7am this morning, last time I looked at them was around 10pm and the humidity was 75%.

Side note, there seems to be some debate about humidity levels. All the articles and videos I watched say higher humidity is best but now I see that people here are saying 60% and even lower. Not sure what to do about that. šŸ¤”

Day 17 on quail hatch: I went to sleep without adding water (humidity was 75) and it dropped to 29. šŸ˜³ The same eggs are still wiggling this morning, no pips yet.

My stats for this hatch are dry hatch until lockdown, consistent temp of 99.5. Lockdown on day 15, humidity up to 75-80%. Same temp.

Do you think the babies will be affected? I caught the mistake around 7am this morning, last time I looked at them was around 10pm and the humidity was 75%.

Side note, there seems to be some debate about humidity levels. All the articles and videos I watched say higher humidity is best but now I see that people here are saying 60% and even lower. Not sure what to do about that. šŸ¤”
I'd say imho 60-65 is the perfect humidity and they might have a better chance of curled toes when they had or they might drown while making their internal pip. Are they doing okay? Can you candle? Do they smell? Any pips?

I'm trying to hatch coturnix Quail. I am currently experiencing a complete fail, last time I got one viable chick. The humidity is something I see everyone does differently too. My next go will be a dry hatch because I feel like my failures have something to do with humidity also. My first hatch was 37.5 with 40% up til lockdown when U raised it to 60. The next time I googled it said 38.3 and 60 % til lockdown then raise to 38.7 and 80%> this time so far no chicks at all last time 2. I feel awful I'm going to try a dry hatch next and hope I have more success.

Back
Top Bottom