Quail hatched

The longest I have left them in the incubator is 48 hours, and never lost one.
Glad you haven’t had any losses. :) 👍

Personally I’d rather start vigorous healthy chicks off right away and not fuss with poor doers that can’t figure it out, (that goes for all hatched babies, not just quail) but then I’ve hatched exclusively shipped eggs this season and have had some rough hatches with them. (Bad transit, lots of malpositions, etc). We each do what works best for us. :)

Hard to take photo through the incubator better ones coming

Attachments

• jng baby Quail.JPG
    jng baby Quail.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 6
News flash I have 7 baby Quails hatched from day 17 to day 20 One quail had died in the shell and I have 2 more to hatch but not hopeful. One quail has weird feet it scoots around but its feet are a bit claw like maybe squashed in the shell. I'm doing physio on them I hope it will right itself. They are eating and drinking well. I have a heat plate and a lamp on them. I think 70% is pretty good for my first time.

24 hours is not unheard of between pip and zip. It take a lot of work for them to break out of their shell and they'll work hard for awhile then sleep awhile, work more, sleep more and the whole time they are doing this, they're absorbing their yolk. Please allow nature to take it's course as assisted quail chicks have a very low likelihood of surviving.

Back
Top Bottom