QUAIL HATCHING QUESTIONS

What do you mean by they are trying to get out? Do they look like they are stuck? What is your humidity at? I have heard that they need higher humidity than chickens do. I was told by some that they took the same settings, but my quail hatch was a major flop. Only 3 chicks total out of 38 eggs, and that was only because I did help one of them. 3 were dead in the shell, presumably because of the humidity.
They usually pip and pop right out fairly quickly, I have heard, but use your best judgement. If you think they need help, review the sticky on the top of this forum's page to see how to do it. Good luck!! Keep us posted!!
fl.gif

Our first test batch of quail hatched today. So far we have 9 out of 20; however three of our eggs are tiny first eggs so we don't expect them to hatch anyway. I agree the humidity should be higher than with chicken eggs. Our humidity level is between 75 and 80%. All that have hatched pipped, zipped and popped right out. These were the first eggs we collect when we got the quail and moved in and tried to settle them down. If we only get nine I still think it is successful. We have 48 due to hatch on the 6th of Nov and expect better results. Plus we just set another 120 tonight!

Brad

Back
Top Bottom