Quail Hutch Input? (Pics included)

NinjaBiz

Hatching
Oct 16, 2023
I just finished building my first quail hutch and will be receiving my first quail from Myshire next week!

The size of the hutch is 2’x6’. I am by no means an expert in construction and this is my first build ever so please do not be harsh (I know it’s not perfect!) . I was hoping to get some input on what types of things I should put inside. I already intend to put in a dust bath and some real branches and leaves. What creative types of nesting areas would you suggest? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
IMG_6353.jpeg
IMG_6354.jpeg
IMG_6355.jpeg
IMG_6359.jpeg

I just finished building my first quail hutch and will be receiving my first quail from Myshire next week!

The size of the hutch is 2’x6’. I am by no means an expert in construction and this is my first build ever so please do not be harsh (I know it’s not perfect!) . I was hoping to get some input on what types of things I should put inside. I already intend to put in a dust bath and some real branches and leaves. What creative types of nesting areas would you suggest? Any other suggestions? Thanks!View attachment 3673397View attachment 3673398View attachment 3673399View attachment 3673401
Looks awesome! Good job!

The branches and leaves are good, so is the dust bath. They will need a place to get off of the wire. This is both for their foot health and, since they're outdoors, a place where they won't lose heat through their feet.
Thanks! Should I put an additional thing for them to step on? What do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom