quail incubation humidity

So, I'm new at this. Can anyone give me an idea of how much water to add at a time? My incubator instructions suggest filling one channel, but that puts the humidity really high. Since I'm just playing around with it now, no eggs in it, I dumped that out and put in less, but it still reads 70%.

Also, if I am only putting in a few eggs the first time, does it matter where I place them inside the incubator?

Last edited:
I'm no expert but what I've learned with my type incubator was put no water ..only if I see it below 50 then I put in a sponge light wetted down and usually goes up to 50 and I'll fill the channels at hatch to get up 65 70

Last edited:
So, I'm new at this. Can anyone give me an idea of how much water to add at a time? My incubator instructions suggest filling one channel, but that puts the humidity really high. Since I'm just playing around with it now, no eggs in it, I dumped that out and put in less, but it still reads 70%.

Also, if I am only putting in a few eggs the first time, does it matter where I place them inside the incubator?
Did you try pulling the air plugs out?
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom