Quail limping for no reason

Looks like a sprain limp. Seen it many times in chickens, ducks, cockatiels, ect. Most likely when it battled another quail for a worm. Give it two weeks and if it does not agree it again it should be fine. If you isolate her she should be good in a few days. Without a proper examination it is hard to be 100% sure. Quail will accept her back willingly if you isolate her till better and then plop her back in. If not better soon I would not let her stay in plain unless there is a sentimental reason.

Still limping but much less now and i removed the glass sandbaths incase the stepping up/down makes it worse but in genral they seem fine so hopefully just slow healer but i ordered some vitamins etc incase just low vitamins slowing process

my quail is limping i think she sprained her foot while in the brooder fighting for food what should I do
This is an older thread, but I'm doing exactly what these guys suggested. Mine has been limping for a few days so I separated her in a small carrier. She's pretty understanding about it -- I think she knows she needs to rest her foot. On the bright side, she gets lots of attention and no competition for the mealworms.

Could have hurt it by what she was doing in the video, fighting over a mealworm or whatever? Maybe jumping in and out of the bowl? Probably just strained it. Keep an eye on her, should clear up in a few days.
you have no idea but you just saved me from a lot of panic because I’ve been really confused as to why my quail is limping but now I know it’s because of the sand bath so thank you so much :)

Back
Top Bottom