Quail Opening Beak

KAZINO

In the Brooder
May 22, 2023
So I'm aware of Quails opening their beaks gasping for air but one of my Quails walks around with their beak open. (Different to that but does anyone know why the Quails open their beaks and their throat/neck seems like they're making noise but no noise is heard, is it some sort of communication only they can hear, because when i first saw them doing that my first thought was theyre communicating to eachother at a frequency of a sort I can't hear sincr was different to gasping for air and they stand up straight and pretty much vibrate their throat with their beak open as if to be talking)

If their throat is moving while the beak is open, that is definitely panting. If it's from heat, look at giving them more shade. If the weather is very hot, you can try a mister or freeze bottles of water and put them in their pen.

If their throat is moving while the beak is open, that is definitely panting. If it's from heat, look at giving them more shade. If the weather is very hot, you can try a mister or freeze bottles of water and put them in their pen.
Thank you for the advice

So I'm aware of Quails opening their beaks gasping for air but one of my Quails walks around with their beak open. (Different to that but does anyone know why the Quails open their beaks and their throat/neck seems like they're making noise but no noise is heard, is it some sort of communication only they can hear, because when i first saw them doing that my first thought was theyre communicating to eachother at a frequency of a sort I can't hear sincr was different to gasping for air and they stand up straight and pretty much vibrate their throat with their beak open as if to be talking)
Do all quails do this or only a certain breed?

Back
Top Bottom