Quail piling in a weird spot

May 30, 2023
Hey all I have a possibly dumb question. My three week old quail recently started piling on top of each other. I know that if they do it under the heat source they’re too cold, and if they do it far from the heat source they’re too hot. The brooder temperature is at 82 degrees and the quail are piling right in the middle of the brooder. Not in the hot area or the cool area just directly in the middle. What could be the cause of this?

Do you have any other animals or children walking past the brooder or looking in periodically that the quail can see.

Piling together right in the middle makes me think they are possibly seeing something outside the brooder that they perceive as a predator and are trying to remain in a “safe” zone.

Do you have any other animals or children walking past the brooder or looking in periodically that the quail can see.

Piling together right in the middle makes me think they are possibly seeing something outside the brooder that they perceive as a predator and are trying to remain in a “safe” zone.
No their brooder is in a separate room from the rest of the house but they only do it when they’re sleeping I’m not sure why and researching it hasn’t given me any answers

Back
Top Bottom