Quail question!

Lori J

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2017
Has anyone brooded Quail in an actual birdcage, especially when they start flying out of their brooder enclosures? I would worry that they would hurt their heads, but my friend keeps encouraging me to try it. Of course this would just be babies, not adults. I realize that adults need floor space, since they are ground birds.

Attachments

• 0E59D8B4-5463-4F4E-8839-FB6A94B173F7.png
    0E59D8B4-5463-4F4E-8839-FB6A94B173F7.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Has anyone brooded Quail in an actual birdcage, especially when they start flying out of their brooder enclosures? I would worry that they would hurt their heads, but my friend keeps encouraging me to try it. Of course this would just be babies, not adults. I realize that adults need floor space, since they are ground birds.
The only real problem I could see is bar spacing. Those look pretty wide, they get stuck in places like crazy, Quail chicks work really hard to die sometimes. I’d worry about them getting stuck between the bars, sticking wings and legs between things like the litter trays and the cage sides etc.

The only real problem I could see is bar spacing. Those look pretty wide, they get stuck in places like crazy, Quail chicks work really hard to die sometimes. I’d worry about them getting stuck between the bars, sticking wings and legs between things like the litter trays and the cage sides etc.
Man are they suicidal!!! Buttons even more i think but idk anubis is pretty derpy

Back
Top Bottom