Quail quit laying

quail1999

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 24, 2012
Hello!

So i have had my coturnix quail for a while now, and there are about a half a year old. I kept them in the greenhouse this winter, and they were very happy and healthy, laying loads of eggs a day.

I just moved them into a hutch, about a week and a half ago. They have plenty of room, but now that they're on wire they just wont lay.

Last time i moved them into the greenhouse, it took over a month for them to start laying after the move. I really hope that doesn't happen again!

Also, they are shedding tons of feathers. I'm worried.
hu.gif

They may be too stressed to lay. Moving them is stressful enough, but if you changed their living methods, going from a greenhouse to a hutch, this may have upset their laying machines. Even sending them into molt. And if they are molting, you will have to wait it out! LOL

Only time will tell. They just may be teaching you a lesson to "Never move and mess with us again. No more eggs for you"!!! LOL

I think they are molting :) That's good it's nothing too serious. Does it take the same time for them to molt as it does chickens?

Well, either way, it's good to know that they don't have a deadly disease or anything
roll.png
They are such little cuties.

No, they molt faster than chickens. Usually in about 6 weeks, 8 weeks tops they should be back to laying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom