Quail suddenly stopped laying

potatoyay

Chirping
Apr 17, 2023
We had finally fixed our quail ratio and brought it to 8 hens for 2males. We got 4 eggs a day, which then dropped to 3, then to 1, then they just stopped. Is it just because giving them artificial light in winter is unpredictable and may not work all the time? I don't see how it could be stress or predator fear.

We had finally fixed our quail ratio and brought it to 8 hens for 2males. We got 4 eggs a day, which then dropped to 3, then to 1, then they just stopped. Is it just because giving them artificial light in winter is unpredictable and may not work all the time? I don't see how it could be stress or predator fear.
what light are you using. I use to run white christmas lights along the tops of my coops and it worked perfect(and looked nice). Never had an issue with egg production, other then the odd days skipped for w/e reason.

make sure they are getting proper nutrients as well, 18%+ protien feed, calcium, things like that

1700235985093.png

its hard to see but i found an old photo of the lights.(and incase anyone is wondering those are GQF watering cups, highly suggest investing if you want a more hands off system, you can pipe it to a 5gal bucket)

Back
Top Bottom