Quail versus Chicken

BrandonsBirbs

Thanks HopKat for my PFM ♥
Feb 22, 2022
Berkshire, England
Okay so I have butchered more quail than I could ever remember. My preferred method is to dislocate their neck with my hands then skin them, keeping only the breasts and legs. Most my quail were skinned whole then spatchcocked though, the breast/legs method is relatively new.

My bantam silkie boys are starting to crow so it's going to have to be their turn very soon, just how different will it be for me? They're pretty big compared to the size I was told they'd be so in comparison to the quail they're massive. Assuming I can't just dislocate their neck so easily so will the broomstick method be the next closest thing? How different is the skinning process to skinning quail?

Many thanks.

Got two of my silkies done today within 30 minutes or so, most of it was prep time. Broomstick method is so easy, big fan of that one. There was minimal meat on the birds so I took only their breasts and their legs (most meat on legs), didn't have to bother with their insides or skinning them fully which was nice.

Will miss those two, they were very boisterous and fun lads, unfortunate they decided to crow 😜

Back
Top Bottom