Quail Waterer for Bantam babies??

Sparrow

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
I was just wondering if I should get one of those baby quail waterers for my bantams coming in this week, or if I should use a regular chick waterer and fill it with little colored stones so they can't drown. The quail waterer is probably too small for them, but I've never had Bantams before, so I have no idea how tiny they are.

I have done both.
It is your choice. If you chose to go with the regular chick waterer and use marbles or stones, then you have to take them out, and rinse them off every day when you change the water. It is a bit of a pain to do, but you shouldn't need to use the stones for more than a couple of weeks.
The quail waterer will be big enough for the bantams to drink from for quite awhile.

Personally I like the quail waterer better, but if you don't want to buy both kinds of waterers, then I would go with the regular one and stones.

Jean

Thanks for the info! I think I will go pick up a quail waterer today. I expect them to be sooo tiny and don't want to worry about drowning.

Quote:
I use the regular, and it is a bit of a pain to wash the stones every day. My bantams always do fine after the first week if I raise their waterer and take the marbles out.

Back
Top Bottom