Quail with a leg ripped of

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by QuailRaiser, Feb 23, 2014.

1. QuailRaiser

QuailRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey all One of my quail died this weekend, they are on 1/2 inch hardware cloth off the ground. he is missing a leg and half his wing is gone. there is also damage on the head. i'm thinking the wire is to small to pull a foot and leg through. any advice/help?

Cheers
    Finn

2. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    It was most likely a raccoon. I have had this happen. Time to trap shoot or use electric fence. I have tried all with success.

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Im So Sorry For Your loss. You might want to look for a electric fence like above post said. I just got a pretty good deal on a solar powered one with the wiring off Amazon.com. I haven't got a Chace to put it up yet but before I bought I was comparing prices all around and really got a great deal off amazon for a really nice one. Also got a deal on the wire. You might want to check it out. I compared the prices to our local stores as well and ended up getting a much better unit for a lot less by buying it off amazon.com. They ship out rather quickly and it came just a few days after I ordered it. Shipping was also very reasonable. They have a lot of choices to choose from as well. I opted for the solar model. Hope this helps and wish you the best.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by