QuailRaiser

Songster
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 23, 2013
Victoria, British Columbia
My Coop
My Coop
Hey all One of my quail died this weekend, they are on 1/2 inch hardware cloth off the ground. he is missing a leg and half his wing is gone. there is also damage on the head. i'm thinking the wire is to small to pull a foot and leg through. any advice/help?

Cheers
Finn

Hey all One of my quail died this weekend, they are on 1/2 inch hardware cloth off the ground. he is missing a leg and half his wing is gone. there is also damage on the head. i'm thinking the wire is to small to pull a foot and leg through. any advice/help?

Cheers
Finn

It was most likely a raccoon. I have had this happen. Time to trap shoot or use electric fence. I have tried all with success.

Im So Sorry For Your loss. You might want to look for a electric fence like above post said. I just got a pretty good deal on a solar powered one with the wiring off Amazon.com. I haven't got a Chace to put it up yet but before I bought I was comparing prices all around and really got a great deal off amazon for a really nice one. Also got a deal on the wire. You might want to check it out. I compared the prices to our local stores as well and ended up getting a much better unit for a lot less by buying it off amazon.com. They ship out rather quickly and it came just a few days after I ordered it. Shipping was also very reasonable. They have a lot of choices to choose from as well. I opted for the solar model. Hope this helps and wish you the best.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom