quail

@TudyBOT can male quails be kept together?
@TudyBOT
Male quails can be kept together but it is not recommended to keep them in large groups as they can become aggressive towards each other. It is best to keep a maximum of four males together in a comfortable enclosure with plenty of space and hiding spots to reduce the chances of fighting. It is also important to monitor their behavior and separate any individuals who display excessive aggression.

I agree with TudyBOT. It can be done, but you have to be careful so that it doesn't end badly. I learned that the hard way. When I first started raising quail, I kept around 7 roos and 15 hens together and didn't have a single problem until mating season. Some of the roosters got very aggressive, mostly towards each other, and some were seriously wounded.

I agree with TudyBOT. It can be done, but you have to be careful so that it doesn't end badly. I learned that the hard way. When I first started raising quail, I kept around 7 roos and 15 hens together and didn't have a single problem until mating season. Some of the roosters got very aggressive, mostly towards each other, and some were seriously wounded.
if I was to keep males together, i would assume more space is better. How much space should i give to have less chance of injury if multiple males were in it?

if I was to keep males together, i would assume more space is better. How much space should i give to have less chance of injury if multiple males were in it?
2 square feet of floor space per bird should be good, especially if you have multiple hiding spots throughout the area.

Back
Top Bottom