Quails and Chickens!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rose Jones, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Rose Jones

Rose Jones New Egg

Mar 7, 2016
    I have three laced wine dots, and they can be quite aggressive, but I want to get some Quails as well, I am making their pen myself and Buying them as well, but I'm not a chicken/quail enthusiast so I don't know much about what to do. But looking forward to finding out more.[​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Rose and [​IMG] -great to have you join us.

I have no experience with quail, but there is a section under "other backyard poultry" so I'd suggest you post any questions that you may have there.

If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things fowl and chicken.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! As CT said the learning centre is a great place to start for lots of articles on keeping your birds happy, safe and healthy. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

4. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy the little quail. I've never raised them but they look like fun little birds.

It's nice to have you here!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC - if you put "Quail thread," in the search box it should pop up. You could ask you quail specific questions there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by