• Chickens

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

2chicksagain

Songster
6 Years
Aug 26, 2013
Northern California
I used to have chickens before I got interested in quail. They look cuter, and they aren't that loud. But then the chickens, they give you fresh eggs, and they're more tame. So which one do you prefer? It might help me make a decision on to get chickens or quail on my birthday :)

My vote is both but you don't have a option for that. There's no point in trying to figure out which you want. Just get them both and then you have the best of both worlds.

Quail will give you eggs too, granted they won't be any where near as big. My cots have been giving me an egg a day each since they started laying. I actually got mine for raising meat so I have been trying to give away all these eggs.

Quail require a lot less space, so that may be an advantage for you. Quail can be raised indoors, another advantage for some.

I guess it depends on what you mean by tame. I can pick up my quail without issue and they will eat from my hand if I offer. I don't cuddle them though, but I don't cuddle my chickens either. Some folks have very tame quail that like to sit with them and run around the house. I think it all depends on how you raise them.

I raised cots for a couple years they were very easy to deal with but their poop stank like crazy must be the high protein feed. I have chickens now 5 hens and a rooster. I live in the city but have my rooster collard. I really think im enjoying my chickens more for the simple fact the eggs are alot easier to deal with and so are they. If i have to go outta town for a week i load em down with food and water and their fine till i get back.

Back
Top Bottom