Quails wont shush

Tenesexx

Chirping
Mar 3, 2020
England
I have 13 baby quail and what started with a big mouth chick chirping day and night without anyhting being wrong with it now 2 to 3 have copied what it does and now I have a group of quails constantly chirping it can be heard all around the house and I domt even know what to do anymore help would be appreciated

Can you give insight to how old they are, if you hatched them, what your feeding them, a picture of your brooder? Because it could be a number of things. We raise Northern Bobwhites. What kind are you raising?

Can you give insight to how old they are, if you hatched them, what your feeding them, a picture of your brooder? Because it could be a number of things. We raise Northern Bobwhites. What kind are you raising?
Mine are japanese quail I hatched them in an incubator my first ever hatch they are two days old and I'm feeding them dodson and horrel chick starter I believe that's what it's called or crumb they've become really loud past few days and here is their brooder
15841293824752823697345054019953.jpg

Mine are japanese quail I hatched them in an incubator my first ever hatch they are two days old and I'm feeding them dodson and horrel chick starter I believe that's what it's called or crumb they've become really loud past few days and here is their brooder View attachment 2050784
Try blending their food. We have to blend the crumble in a blender or food processor because it's still to big for them. They may be hungry.

You also don't need to give them anything else to eat until they are older. Blend the chick starter into a very fine crumble. Just keep the food filled and with them all the time in the cage so they can eat anytime they want. Also keep the water filled all the time. Northern bobs drink a lot of water. So I would think all quail will. You only need to blend the food into a very fine crumble for about a week or two. After that they should be able to eat the crumble without blending it.

Back
Top Bottom