Quailzzzzzz

QuailKing86

In the Brooder
Feb 16, 2017
West Virginia

Hi ,
Can you tell me what temp and humidity you operate your quail incubation on? Also, do you have a forced air or a still air incubator?

Thank you!
I was just making sure i was doing the right thing. My humidity was a bit higher in the beginning but it seemed to have worked as they've started hatching this morning!
I'm so excited!
I have 48, they were shipped so ill see how many made it.

Thank you!
I was just making sure i was doing the right thing. My humidity was a bit higher in the beginning but it seemed to have worked as they've started hatching this morning! 
I'm so excited! 
I have 48, they were shipped so ill see how many made it. 

Keep me posted. I had 5 bob whites hatch today

Keep me posted. I had 5 bob whites hatch today

That's awesome! Are Bob whites really as aggressive as they say? Yesterday at 9 am was 17th day and I saw one egg pipping. I had to go to work and by the time I came back there were about 7 hatched. Long story short I ended up with 40 out of 48 by the time I got back from work today! Crazy! I was not expecting this great of a result! I have 8 left in the incubator with out any signs of pipping but I'm not giving up on them yet! I would have considered 50% hatch from shipped eggs a success so this is amazing! How do baby Bob whites look? Any chance you can post a picture of a bob white chick or are those the ones you've posted already? Happy hatching!

Last edited:
I'll try to get a pic of the bobs. These freaking things are like bugs and they do not hold still. And yes they're very ornery lol. When I pick them up they bite and wiggle. Make sure u put a lid on the brooder they'll start jumping out about 2 weeks old. They're the strongest unfriendly chicks I've ever had lol
That's awesome! Are Bob whites really as aggressive as they say? Yesterday at 9 am was 17th day and I saw one egg pipping. I had to go to work and by the time I came back there were about 7 hatched. Long story short I ended up with 40 out of 48 by the time I got back from work today! Crazy! I was not expecting this great of a result! I have 8 left in the incubator with out any signs of pipping but I'm not giving up on them yet! I would have considered 50% hatch from shipped eggs a success so this is amazing! How do baby Bob whites look? Any chance you can post a picture of a bob white chick or are those the ones you've posted already? Happy hatching!

Back
Top Bottom