Quality of birds from Sand Hill Perseveration?

Pics
There is something that I don't understand, why don't they improve their messaging system? It would be more efficient to e-mail or call, which is instant, than to send letters, which take days. Is there a reason behind this? It really seems to be counter-productive.
I can relate to Glenn on this, maybe because we are both "old guys". I sell a lot of chicks locally and use various methods to communicate with customers, but it is a HUGE drag on my time, I mean hours a day. You can see that I am pretty "thorough" in my writing, this does not happen in seconds, sometimes I stop in the middle of an email or forum post and do a little research to ensure my memory is correct. We both need a "sales and marketing department" to do all this for us, but not many volunteers step up for that.

Glen chooses to focus his non-work time on growing stuff, I tend to focus my non-work time on communicating with customers. You might applaud my approach, but I don't have even 1% of the offering he has, especially when you consider he grows so many seeds and sweet potatoes along with poultry.
I am happy to "hold the customers hand", so to speak, and expect a sale to be expensive in terms of time, but I think of it as making a new friend. I can tell you from experience that this does not scale well at all if you are a single person with a full time job. I can't hatch 100 breeds of poultry to satisfy the demand of the masses, so I don't even try.

I can relate to Glenn on this, maybe because we are both "old guys". I sell a lot of chicks locally and use various methods to communicate with customers, but it is a HUGE drag on my time, I mean hours a day. You can see that I am pretty "thorough" in my writing, this does not happen in seconds, sometimes I stop in the middle of an email or forum post and do a little research to ensure my memory is correct. We both need a "sales and marketing department" to do all this for us, but not many volunteers step up for that.

Glen chooses to focus his non-work time on growing stuff, I tend to focus my non-work time on communicating with customers. You might applaud my approach, but I don't have even 1% of the offering he has, especially when you consider he grows so many seeds and sweet potatoes along with poultry.
I am happy to "hold the customers hand", so to speak, and expect a sale to be expensive in terms of time, but I think of it as making a new friend. I can tell you from experience that this does not scale well at all if you are a single person with a full time job. I can't hatch 100 breeds of poultry to satisfy the demand of the masses, so I don't even try.
Wow, ok. I never knew that. Thank you.

Some of my white cubalayas that go back to sandhill stock

Attachments

• 20231001_113618.jpg
    20231001_113618.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210501_165115.jpg
    20210501_165115.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210501_164833.jpg
    20210501_164833.jpg
    760.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210327_140001.jpg
    20210327_140001.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 3
I was looking at Sandhill for some sweet potato slips for next year's garden. Anyone ordered sweet potatoes from them?
I have gotten sweet potato slips from Sand Hill several times. They always do quite well. Read the growing instructions on their site, some of the recommendations are not what you would expect, but they work.
Keep a few small potatoes from any varieties that you like (and do especially well) so you can grow your own slips the next year. It is easy and you will have lots of extra slips to give to friends.

Back
Top Bottom