Question About A 220 Outlet...

Quote:
Good link. I see what you mean there. Since we were talking about going from a 4 wire to a 3 wire I mistakingly thought you meant that the neutral and ground were connected in the dryer after the install of a 4 wire cord.

Quote:
Good link. I see what you mean there. Since we were talking about going from a 4 wire to a 3 wire I mistakingly thought you meant that the neutral and ground were connected in the dryer after the install of a 4 wire cord.

I thought about that after my last post. Then I go to wondering if we were trying to say the same thing, just in different ways...lol.

BTW... I like your sig!

Yeah well it seemed I panicked a little on this thread. I work on generators, transfer switches, and various industrial compressors with VFDs on them. I've had so many mis-wired mishaps through the years that either took me a while to figure out or even fried me a few times. I get a little jumpy when the subject of bonding comes up. I should have read your post better before posting.

Thanks for the gentle and accurate correction.

Quote:
Speaking of transfer switches, it seemed every time that I had eggs incubating or chicks brooding the power would go off for hours or even days. So I installed this simple transfer switch to run my incubator/brooder room and refrigerator off of a generator. I know it's nothing compared to what you do but it does what I need it to do and does it well.

42454_gen_panel.jpg

42454_gen_panel_001.jpg

Sorry to the OP for side tracking your thread.

Quote:
Speaking of transfer switches, it seemed every time that I had eggs incubating or chicks brooding the power would go off for hours or even days. So I installed this simple transfer switch to run my incubator/brooder room and refrigerator off of a generator. I know it's nothing compared to what you do but it does what I need it to do and does it well.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/42454_gen_panel.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/42454_gen_panel_001.jpg

Sorry to the OP for side tracking your thread.

That looks great man. I prefer a manual system like that anyways. They are more reliable IMO. I like that you used a real disconnect on the outside. That's a job to be proud of. You even took the time to label it. Nice.

Quote:
No problem. I've been reading and trying to absorb it all. What was at first a relief to hear that all I have to do is change a cord, has now got me a bit nervous. I think I got lost at "bonding strap", lol.
hide.gif

That link was very helpful though. I guess I need to study it a bit more. My neighbor will be dropping it off for me. I wonder if I can bribe him to do it for me. He does heating and cooling and use to be a contractor, so he should know how to do it I would think.

If he is delivering it for you, he will probably be glad to change the cord for you. If he is unsure about the bonding strap either show him the instruction manual(if you get one) or show him the link above. There is probably an instruction decal on the back of the dryer as how to wire it also. Good luck!

I will print the instructions that you linked to for him. He may not need it if he's done this before, but we'll see. I'm just mainly relieved that this won't be a huge ordeal.

Thanks for all the input from everyone!

Back
Top Bottom