Question about a chick dying

Karen27

Chirping
Aug 18, 2015
Hi,
So I had sold some chicks from eggs I had purchased and incubated. I just got a call from someone who said the chick was fine one minute then suddenly threw up had some water diarrhea started shaking and died . I have had no problems with any of the other chicks that I have or sold . I was wondering if anyone has any idea about what might have happened ? The other thing is she does have several small children I am sure if that had something to do with it or not either .

Thanks,
Karen

There are so many possible reasons. some chicks just do not handle the transport very well. It could have been the kids, but it is just as likely this chick was not going to survive regardless.

No this chick was 2 weeks old no transport was involved . The lady that bought the chicks lives 10 minutes from me..I was trying to see if there might be some reason .I am a newbie myself .But thank you for taking the time to respond .

yes, but simply being put into a new environment will stress a bird. Answering gets the posts bumped to the top. So though I do not know the answer, I figure it gets another chance to be answered by someone who does.
But I do know chicks die, with no known reason.

When the chicks are put into the care of someone else, it's out of your hands to know what care is given to the chicks. If the chicks were healthy when they left your care, and you have raised your own chicks without problems, I would think the problem would be with the current caretaker.

I agree they were fine this last hatch the others I sold no problems and the ones I kept so far are fine . I guess it was just a isolated incident .I think she is expecting me to give her another chick I guess I will have to figure that out .

Well if her other chicks are fine I would say it's just the cycle of life. Not all chicks that hatch make it through to adult. I purchased 10 chicks in September and one died on day three through no fault of us. I never contacted the seller, some chicks are just weak. My others are healthy 13 week old's!

Back
Top Bottom