Question about Aseels

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickenrandomness, Sep 13, 2009.

1. I'm going to soon order chicks from nature's hatchery:D, and i love aseels! i've never had chickens before and i would like some info about rasing aseels:/! and pics of dark aseels! (Dark, not black![​IMG])[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I think you have to raise them in pairs or something. You sure you don't want something a bit more tolerant? A flock of Orpingtons, maybe?

3. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    while I haven't raised any pure asils before its exciting to see someone so excited about getting into them [​IMG] If you want to know what a dark asil looks like you need only look for pics of dark cornish. same pattern.

4. Thanks for the addvice, but um, i don't really like opingtons very much, too fat. i'm going to get about 3 or 4 of them, 1 male and 2 or 3 females.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  5. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    I hear you can not raise males together. they wanna scrap, hence their breed! not docile and i would research them better. folk lord says one roo snapped a mans wrist. Does that mean they all mean...no! But google them and read up!
    They are game fowl........

6. i've searched soooooo many web sites, and got nothing!!!!![​IMG]

7. well, i got another " new subject " thingy, and it looks like i'm all set. i think i might just get welsummers.[​IMG]

8. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:They aren't fat, they're stately and well fed! And they're cute and calm.

9. ([​IMG]) now my brain says get aseels again!!!!!! thats my problom! well, you have 2 of them, what are they like?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by