Question about chick starter feed.

I only have one in their pen. I was wondering if he was getting enough to eat. Thanks I will go steal the ducks feeder for the night, there are only two of them, and i know they won't mind.
Thanks so much for telling me this before something bad happened.

I did the same thing, my chicks are now 8 weeks old and all are doing fine. After I was getting low on feed I did switch to the 20% bag. But no problems as health wise with the 12 I started on a higher protein.
smile.png

You could give them some grass clipping to eat along with the feed. I don't think 4% more will hurt them, and I give my chicks scrambled eggs for treats and that is pure protein.

So after reading this section of the forums I want to know what all of you veteran chic owners feed your chics? I am getting mine on Thursday and want to make sure I get the very best for them. What are the do's and don't of feeding chics and even older chickens?

I have mine on Purina Gamebird starter (kind of accidentally, long story about why...). Anyway, they are absolutely beautiful, hardly any awkward teenager half-feathered stage at all. They're about six weeks old now and I am currently mixing their feed to stage them back down to regular start & grow.

I feed actual game starter, 28% and I feed it until they lay. Never ever have had a single leg problem, through three sets of grow outs.

They feather super fast and grow well and I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

Yours will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom