Question about cold temps

She always has grower feed and gets a little cracked corn for a treat. Plus other treats that I can warm up for her like peas and rice with some chopped up chicken.
It got up to 40 today so I took her outside in the sun and she got some greens from the yard and exercise. Still weak legged but she's getting better. I have her in tonight. She ate great today and drank real well. I think she is just weak from getting so cold,so I'm going to give her time to get her strength back before she goes back to the garage. I feel awful for not catching this quicker, that will not happen again! Thanks for all the help.
Or you could just keep her as a house chicken ;)

Poor Mercury can't be out with the other chickens. They pick on her terribly bad. She won't even let them get close to her now. Thats part of the reason she has her own little coop in the garage that my DH made for her. She has about 5 feet of space,one open side and a little box inside.Top is plexiglass. She stays in and in front of the garage on days we can let her out.
The heat pad idea is great! I'll work on that in the morning. This is her last summer,she hasn't changed much.

Attachments

• DSC00706.JPG
    DSC00706.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 7
Mercury had a great day today! Still a little unsteady but doing good. I put her back out in the garage tonight but she looked cold and was complaining loudly so I brought her in around 8. Settled right in and she is quiet now.
DSC00769.JPG

Back
Top Bottom