Question about construction sand

I recently read an article that specifically stated you should not use "manufactured" sand, but instead use "Natural-Construction" sand....here is a great article on it
https://the-chicken-chick.com/chicken-coop-bedding-sand-litter/
...I'm in the same dilemma...having a hard time locating the sand mentioned in this blog...
I'm having the same problem I'm in NC was wondering if it's a northern type sand . I the chicken chicks book/blog it states some call it river sand our river sand don't have the bits of particles in it and lots of dust and when it gets wet it gets hard as a rock. Aggravating. 😞

I'm having the same problem I'm in NC was wondering if it's a northern type sand . I the chicken chicks book/blog it states some call it river sand our river sand don't have the bits of particles in it and lots of dust and when it gets wet it gets hard as a rock. Aggravating. 😞
Having just moved to Tennessee from Connecticut, I think it is a northern thing, which surprised me. I used to be able to get it cheaply and easily up north, but I can't find it anywhere down here. Or something close.

Back
Top Bottom