Question about cornish rock taste and ... flavor?

yes, very much so... most likely because I know what you mean. i suppose that is a much better way of putting it.

I emerse mine in a coolers with lots of ice and let them "cool" down for at least 24 hours before, cooking or freezing. This is the way we did it years ago.
Doesn't home raised chicken taste sooo much better. It actually has flavor.

That brings up another post question/idea.

I eat wild turkey, pheasant, grouse, doves, etc. wonder if I'll notice a "smell" when I finally get around to butchering and eating a chicken. I'll let you know. Keystonepaul

You know, I think I only noticed the smell of the cooked homegrown chicken because I'd been cleaning coops and butchering just a few days before. As a first timer, I'd never made the mental smell-connection that chicken feed, chicken poop, chickens being scalded, and chickens being gutted ALL have the same underlying smell. Unfortunatly, that kind of turned me off of eating my own hard-earned roasted chicken! I'll get over it (obviously, have 21 cornish with a freezer camp date of Sept. 14th), but I think I'll avoid eating chicken for a week or so after processing!

I never knew store bought chicken was "chlorinated"? Is that part of their method for keeping salmonella down?

Back
Top Bottom