Question about fence chargers, electric fencing, etc?

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
So... I've been wondering for awhile now...

Can you use electric fencing when camping? Has anyone done this? And I'm curious if you think it works OK or helps with safety?

People in my state like to go camping in the mountains. But we do have coyotes and bears in the rural mountains still. I'm curious if people think this would help very well or not for camping?

It seems like it might work, and might be interesting to try. And it happens that there's a family trip coming up. I'm thinking of trying this out but hope for some feedback first. I mean it seems like it would be better to have this than having guns around the kids.

I live in Central Arkansas and have never experienced a bear. Have never used an electric fence while camping either but we always camp along the river.
Take a few flat bottoms boats and float, we find a spot along the way to set up camp. The only protection we have ever used while camping was taking a few dogs with us as an alarm system and of course a gun and a sharp knife to fillet fish we catch. My neice is ten and she is the only kid i will take, because she knows guns are off limits and coyotes are just ugly dogs. lol. I figure that an electric fence will not stop a bear, if they are determined. Like I said I have never seen a bear in real life and damn sure dont want to while camping. Be careful. Please......If you want to try the fence...try it....and let us at BYC know how it goes....

Back
Top Bottom