question about FR's

95yj

Songster
10 Years
Nov 25, 2009
Central Vermont
I'm raising 17 freedom rangers and i'm pretty new to meat birds, i raised cx's last year but thats the limit of my experience. my freedom rangers are now 8 weeks old and looking pretty big, so i checked the weight on one, i got 5.8 pounds. I personaly think this sounds like way too much, i'm feeding them between 4 to 8 pounds of food a day, so thats roughly 1/4-1/2 a pound of food per bird, they also completely free range for 6-7 hours a day usually. I'm sure i'm doing something wrong but as this is a backyard project i don't really care all that much. Is the weight way off or what, also how much should i be feeding them, cause right now i'm pretty much just guessing.

Quote:
I don't have any experience at all with the FRs , but I believe they do not have any of the issues asscociated with rapid growth so basicly the bigger the better ; plus the free ranging is keeping them toned so I would just say congratulations on their progress .

sweet, i wasn't too concerned about rapid growth because they don't even seem like their growing that fast, and they look pretty normal, they run good too. One more question, after dressing out how much would they weigh, i was planning on the guts etc. weighing 1-2 lbs. is this close?

Back
Top Bottom