Question about humidity in still air LG.

In my limited experience with LG, temp drops on mine when I raise humidity. I assume it's the cooling that comes while it evaporates. I'm no expert though- I'm on Day 18 of my firs hatch.

so should i worry about the temp droping when I raise humidity? I hate to have to adjust it at all cause its so hard and if you barly adjust it it can raise it so high.

Mine always seems to go down too. Just turn the dial slightly until the light comes on, then check it in an hour or so. It wouldn't hurt for the temp to be a bit low for a while, if you'd want to wait to adjust it. It could stabilize on its own.

I'm only on day 15 but I want to know all information before hand. Thanks shelley that makes me feel better I think I will just let it be low for a bit and let it stablize. instead of having to adjust temps and risk my little eggies. So far so good out of 6 silkie eggs I have left out of 6 silkie eggs 2 turkey and 2 duck eggs ALL 6 of my silkie eggs are good to go! The turkey eggs were infertile and 1 of the duck eggs was scrambled prob during shipping and 1 duck egg developed a blood ring and the embryo had died. So I have my fingers crossed my silkies make it. I have 19 silkie eggs as of now I will be putting in when these babies come out!!..I caught the bug for sure!!!

Poulets de Cajun, I think about your awful experience sooo often! I feel so badly for you! If my upcoming hatch fails, it will be largely due to my own errors stabilizing temps, but your technical failure on the home stretch just sucks.

TeresaAnn, I am on Day 18, too, and dealing with humidity and temp. My temp went down only one degree when I spiked humidity. I turned the knob a barely meausurable amount, and it seems to be evened out. My day's plans are to hover over it obsessively.

Let me know how your hatching goes, since we're "due" the same day!

Laura

Back
Top Bottom