Question about "hurt" duck bill

trondin

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Today my Pekin, Luna, rushed back into her cage for food and stumbled and fell bill first into the cage wall which has gaps between the wire that are about 3/4 of an inch wide and her bill went right into it and got stuck briefly, but she wriggled it right out. It was literally only like 2 seconds she was stuck but when she popped her bill out I noticed there was a slight dent at the tip from where it got stuck in the cage wall. I am curious if this will go away over time, and would this cause her pain? She did not seem in pain at all just a little panicked she was stuck but then carried on with eating fine right after. The dent is very minimal but still noticeable so I just wanted to be sure, very protective duck mom over here, lol.
roll.png

Thank you!

My dog chased one of our ducks and scratched his bill. It bled a little like normal tissue and healed up completely in a week or so without scarring. So I would think that the dent would heal up too.

Oh boy ouch! But actually yes I just got back home and checked on her and it already seems to be fading some looks like a little surface scratch now so I hope it goes away in no time then:)! Thank you so much!

My clumsy Pekin somehow managed to crack his beak when he was young. Healed just fine! Glad yours is already healing!

Back
Top Bottom