Question about IB peachick color

crazypealady

Chirping
Jul 27, 2016
Paola, Kansas

Is this a normal color for an IB peachick? His/Her siblings look totally different.

x2!!

But I'm not sure about your cute peababy...she looks a bit more pinkish than a normal IB to me.
@barkerg
Could this baby be another color? Purple or? Definitely not my department!
@crazypealady
You might browse our BYC Peachick Chart for clues!
http://peafowlimagedatabase.weebly.com/peachick-chart.html

From my observation, which doesn't count for much, some are darker and some are lighter, some even claim that its a sex link but I think not. The bird above should color up all natural,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Thanks! I'm glad to hear this is a normal color for IB! The other two from the same parents look totally different so it was confusing. :)

This is "her" with her siblings

Last edited:
x2!!

But I'm not sure about your cute peababy...she looks a bit more pinkish than a normal IB to me.
@barkerg Could this baby be another color? Purple or? Definitely not my department!
@crazypealady You might browse our BYC Peachick Chart for clues!
The eggs that I got came from an IB pair but, this chick just looked so different than it's siblings that I wondered if she was another color. These are my first Peachicks! I have 4 adults but, they came to me as adults and not chicks. I will check out the chart and see what I can find out. Thanks for the link!

x2!!

@barkerg Could this baby be another color? Purple or? Definitely not my department!
@crazypealady You might browse our BYC Peachick Chart for clues!

From my observation, which doesn't count for much, some are darker and some are lighter, some even claim that its a sex link but I think not. The bird above should color up all natural,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker
What exactly does it mean to be a sex link? I've heard of some chickens being called that but, never knew what it meant.

What exactly does it mean to be a sex link? I've heard of some chickens being called that but, never knew what it meant. 

There are some colors/mutations that are sex link which means that you can tell the sex by the color of the chick. This is more common in chickens. There are some that believe that the dark peachicks are males and the light ones are females which is false when dealing with IB's and greens. The only sure way to sex a non sex link is dna or time.

Gerald Barker

There are some colors/mutations that are sex link which means that you can tell the sex by the color of the chick. This is more common in chickens. There are some that believe that the dark peachicks are males and the light ones are females which is false when dealing with IB's and greens. The only sure way to sex a non sex link is dna or time.

Gerald Barker

Ok, Thanks for explaining it to me! I have a lot to learn.
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom