Question about laid eggs

I know it was. I did lots of searching on my own as well. I'm surprised how little information is out there on the topic. I was just trying to make sure it was clear that the information was on store bought and not farm fresh eggs.

Same. I even tried looking for European websites since they handle their eggs differently, but I had no luck.

After reading 3 pages of that article my mind went numb. How long did they last?

You gave up 3 pages into a 4 page article with the conclusion at the bottom?
tongue.png

Here's some quotes from the article. The control eggs were unwashed, sitting on the counter eggs. Still edible after 90 days. Not best quality, but again, not rotten or spoiled.

Believe it or not, our controls (both fertile and unfertile) were hanging in there yet after another full four weeks had passed. If we'd had our druthers, understand, we'd have eaten something else . . . but, under survival conditions, we could have lived on the completely unprotected 90-day-old eggs if we'd have had to.

[1] Unwashed, fertile homestead eggs seem to store much better than washed, unfertile agribiz eggs. Why? Probably for the simple reason that they're unwashed . . . and not because they're fertile. Hen fruit, as it comes from the chicken, is coated with a light layer of a natural sealing agent called "bloom". And, while a good wash may make a batch of eggs look more attractive, it also removes this natural protective coating . . . leaving the eggs more subject to aging and attack by the air and bacteria in the air.

[2] The very best way we've found to stash eggs away for long-term storage is in a sealed container at a temperature of 35 degrees Fahrenheit to 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Their whites may become somewhat runny looking over a period of time, but even after seven months—the cackleberries stored in this manner smell good, taste good, have a good texture, and — in short — seem "almost fresh".

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/how-to-store-fresh-eggs-zmaz77ndzgoe.aspx#ixzz30HoiBzp1

I'm wondering if someone can help me out.. I have 3 ladies. 2 Ameraucanas and 1 Production Red. My oldest Ameracauna layed her first egg last Tuesday, then Wednesday, skipped Thursday and layed a third on Friday. She hasn't layed since then, no trauma, no stress (well besides popping an egg out), plenty of fresh water and food. Meanwhile our PR started laying on Sunday and we've got an egg from her everyday. They are only 6 1/2 mo. Is this normal behavior?

Back
Top Bottom