Question about Pekin duck families

stephanielynn

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Hello,
Currently, I don’t personally own Pekin ducks or other waterfowl, but unofficially adopted the three flocks of Pekin ducks who live near the ponds in my neighborhood.

A couple of years ago, a Pekin couple waddled about 200 meters down the road and took up residence in a small retaining pond by a busy intersection (in the residential area). They have been doing well and approximately 10 days ago, hatched 15 precious ducklings who appear to be healthy.

I know that in about a month, the ducklings are going to be nearly full grown and the small retaining pond will not be large enough to accommodate all 17 ducks.

Fortunately, the nearest ponds are only a couple hundred meters away, and they have plenty of room.

So I am researching this to find out what will be best for our flocks of ducks and be prepared to properly make any changes when the time comes.

Thank you.

Last edited:
just so you know, if you catch them. it is VERY illegal and considered animal cruelty to release them anywhere. pekin ducks cannot legally live in the wild

just so you know, if you catch them. it is VERY illegal and considered animal cruelty to release them anywhere. pekin ducks cannot legally live in the wild
There are at least seven ponds in the community and the staff is supposed to be the ones caring for them. I am awaiting confirmation that they have continued to care for them.

Back
Top Bottom