Question about turning eggs...

Felicia

Songster
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Michigan
Okay, so I have seen some pictures were instead of laying the eggs on their side, they leave them in the carton (with no top) and just put something underneath one end, so that they are moving from side to side. Does this work or is it better to just do them by hand? I hopefully will be getting chicken eggs and gosling eggs and I am trying to figure out the best method...

Last time I hatched eggs, it was chicken eggs and I was around 6 years old. Hehe, so now ten years later I don't remember everything that we did. But I have been doing LOTS of reading. But this is something I couldn't find anything on....

Thank you!

As long as they are shifted from one side to the other, it doesn't matter if you hand turn or do it by actual turner or tilt. It all does the same thing. I just dont like to hand turn and use an automatic turner.

if you leave them in a carton, you have to cut dime size holes out in each egg slot ( for air to get to the bottom of the egg), and you don't have to open the bator and lose the heat and humidty three times aday, just tilt the bator to 30deg each way

Awesome. That's a lot easier then turning every single one. And that way I won't loose so much heat. Thanks for the great info
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom