Question about VS form 9-3

I will be contacting the county sometime this week. This info helps me know what to be asking. Thank you

The redundancy of some states makes no sense at all. Birds must be from NPIP to bring in yet they test, then quarantine then test again? That could be done with any bird, no need for NPIP. Here in the NE we use some common sense in the fact that birds from a NPIP flock can be sent to another NPIP flock. All paperwork of birds with tag numbers are to track in case there is an outbreak. Quarantine or disposal of stock is only after there is a confirmed issue. NPIP programs are honored as bill of health and bill of lading without question or redundancy.

It's also odd to me to hear that there are a lot of people who are both NPIP certified and who are also testers. I was told that if I wanted to be a tester, I wasn't allowed to own any poultry at all.

Every state has their own rules.
I know this, I just think it's strange that one state would be so strict and another state not care. It just doesn't follow, scientifically speaking. There are scientific reasons to make decisions and there are political reasons, and this one feels political (which is frustrating).

I know this, I just think it's strange that one state would be so strict and another state not care. It just doesn't follow, scientifically speaking. There are scientific reasons to make decisions and there are political reasons, and this one feels political (which is frustrating).
With states differing so greatly over liberal and conservative views why would they be any different when it comes to poultry. The Federal Laws set up the guidelines. From there each state is free to differ in their own rules as long as they follow the basics. Most states allow NPIP flock owners to be testers. It saves the states a lot of time and money letting the owners do their own testing.

With states differing so greatly over liberal and conservative views why would they be any different when it comes to poultry. The Federal Laws set up the guidelines. From there each state is free to differ in their own rules as long as they follow the basics. Most states allow NPIP flock owners to be testers. It saves the states a lot of time and money letting the owners do their own testing.

I know this. I WANT to be able to test my own flock. What I'm saying is that liberal vs. conservative views have nothing to do with whether someone can shower in and out and be biosecure. There are already federal guidelines, which all states must follow. Why is this something that is up to the individual state? Conservative or liberal, the science doesn't change. In fact, I'd argue that being able to test our own flocks makes us more biosecure because we don't have to bring in a foreign tester - the last tester I had out to my farm didn't even bring his own shoe booties.

Back
Top Bottom