Question about Wire inside Incubator

Cousgirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010
hmm.png
Okay, I'm new to this, so it may be a dumb question, but bear with me....

I have one of those still air styrofoam incubators that has the wire running around the inside of it. There's a big sticker that says don't touch the wire while the incubator is plugged in. Which hasn't been a problem until now.

BUT now the chicks have hatched (two out of seven so far) and they are bouncing around walking all over stuff, including my hygrometer, the other eggs, the wet cloth rolled up for humidity, and they are coming very close to that wire! I don't want them to get shocked. Has anyone else had a problem with this sort of incubator. I'm not opening the bator to move anything, because I have a couple more pipped and want to keep everything stable until they get out.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

They wont get shocked its not a live wire. Its a heating element. I've touched it...I know!
lol.png
Of course I didn't mean to touch it...... Anyway, I've never had a chick get burned.

I hope that helps.

A million thank yous for your response! I am new to this and though I'm prepared to face losing a chick to bad luck, I don't want to do anything stupid to hurt them. This is all so much fun! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom