Question about wry neck

NewToFarming

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Millersburg, PA
Can someone tell me what wry neck will look like? I have a chick about 9 weeks old that I just got last week. I just figured out she was blind yesterday but she lets her neck drift off to the right but does bring it back straight again. I didn't know if this was wry neck or because she is blind and doesn't realize she is doing it maybe??? Can wry neck go hand in hand with blindness?

Could be related - or one or both could be due to vitamin deficiency. I've had great results fixing/curing wry neck by giving Polyvisol (liquid baby vitamins) and Vitamin E (gel caps). You can also crush up any B vitamins and add a little water and give that by dropper on side of beak or gently open beak and put a drop in front of beak - or - simply add the vitamins to a small dish of water for the bird to drink.

Thanks! I did start her on the polyvisol yesterday when I initially noticed she wasn't right and I discovered she couldn't see and her neck went to the side at times. I never seen wry neck, is that how it starts? Is there a certain dosage to look for in the b & e vitamins? You know, the deficiency makes sense, if she is blind, I am sure she wasn't getting enough to eat because I don't believe her previous owner knew she was blind.

Back
Top Bottom